National Certificate: Generic Management
Included Course : Microsoft office specialist
NQF Level 5 Credits 162
Who should study this course?
This Generic Management NQF Level 5 qualification is intended for:
- Mid-level to senior managers of small organisations.
- Mid-level to senior managers of business units in medium and large organisations who wish to develop their skill set further.
Module 1. Operational and Project Management
In this module, the participants learn how to translate organisational strategy into unit specific operational plans and projects. On completion of this module, they will competently:
- Facilitate a shared understanding of the organisation’s strategy and values that reflect its code of conduct
- Align a unit’s operational plans to its strategy
- Create and implement operational plans by defining the work to be executed and assign responsibilities, time frames and resources.
- Formulate project plans, define performance standards and monitor and evaluate them.
- Design processes and measures to control implementation.
- Ensure buy-in within the organisation for the work to be done.
- Manage factors, including AIDS/HIV, which impact on the wellness and health of the project team.
Module 2. Managing Operational Improvements
Every organisation needs to continuously search for ways to improve how it functions. It needs to innovate and successfully manage the change that comes along with it. This requires an agile culture and the management of the knowledge that emerges and that which is already embedded in the organisation. This module develops skills in those three areas of innovation, change and knowledge management. The learners will be able to:
- Understand the underlying principles and theories in those three areas
- Create a supportive environment and culture
- Analyse the current and future desired state against best practices
- Recommend possible solutions
- Develop action plans for these solution
- Secure buy-in for these initiatives
Module 3. Leadership and People Management
Managing people is probably one of the most important aspects of being a manager and is certainly much more challenging then what most people expect it to be. At the end of this module, the participants will be capable to:
- Understand management and leadership theories in practice
- Review performance monitoring systems, establish the best system, define performance indicators, performance management the people
- Explain the role of the team leader, build teams, manage group dynamics and identify ways to improve the performance of the team
- Identify skills gaps
- Set up coaching system and coach direct reports
- Formulate job profiles
- Select and recruit staff
- Apply the principles of emotional intelligence to manage oneself and others better
Module 4. Managing Workplace Relationships
In modern organisations people work in teams, which consist of individuals from diverse backgrounds. This invariable leads to tensions that need to be managed carefully. Good interpersonal communication skills are essential. The module proceeds to written and spoken communications within and outside the company. On completion of this module, the participants will:
- Understand the principles of diversity management and strengthen relationships conducive to high performance
- Manage conflict successfully
- Network within the organisation
- Communicate effectively within a diverse environment
- Write reports
- Present effectively
- Understand and reflect the company’s brand and identity
- Comply with legal requirement
Module 5. Financial and Risk Management
This module teaches finances for non-financial managers and provides an introduction to economics. The delegates will know how to:
- Prepare, implement and control a budget
- Understand financial reports
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Prevent and combat corrupt and unethical conduct
- Apply mathematical analytical tools to economic and financial data
- Explain fundamental macro-economic concepts
Duration : 1 Year
Full Payment :R 23,350.00
Monthly Installment: R 1,964.00