The purpose of this qualification is to enhance readiness and provide entry into the areas of Systems Development at NQF 5. It prepares learners for entry into the workplace or as an undergraduate study in System Development areas covered, providing them with the necessary knowledge needed for further studies.
Systems Development – NQF Level 4
- Fundamentals: Mathematics and English
- Web Development
- Computer Architecture
- Information Systems
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
On completion of the course, a learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer technology principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer programming principles.
- Work effectively as a team member within a development project environment.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small task to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques and skills needed to understand the fundamentals of computer programming.
Duration – 12 months
Prices and payments
Registration fee: R 1, 500 (study material provided after first deposit)
Full payment for: R 9, 800.00
Monthly instalments: R 870.00
Skills: Database designing, Implementation and Development.
Possible employment: Computer programmer, Project planner and Junior